Now Hiring: Buyer
Founded in 1988 Unifiller has consistently grown to be the world’s preeminent innovator & manufacturer of Industrial Food Processing Equipment designed for Bakeries and Food manufacturers, specifically: a wide range of Portioning Depositors, Food Transfer Pumps, and Customized Production Systems.
As a Buyer you will manage strategic day to day Purchasing and Planning requirements at Unifiller and assist with all projects and customer requirements.
- Take the lead in managing the relationship between Unifiller and all of it’s suppliers and supply chain partners
- Follows established documentation control and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring Unifiller’s parts are on time, at the best possible price
- Focus on intelligently sourcing parts to suppliers and partners
- Responsible for controlling material costs through cost reduction and cost increase avoidance initiatives
- To plan order quantities, replenishment quantities and deliveries working with MRP database
- To maintain the MRP database (including order qualifiers) consistent with production and inventory plans
- To resolve short term quality issues with suppliers, and follow up on NCR’s as required
- Analyzes both current and potential suppliers to ensure Unifiller’s supply needs are met
- To expedite or re-expedite parts to ensure on-time/just-in-time deliveries and to react to unplanned increases or decreases in parts
- To resolve invoicing issues with accounting and the suppliers
Negotiation – Must have proven negotiation experience and can show a complete understanding of negotiation best practices and techniques
Manufacturing Knowledge – Must have a thorough understanding of manufacturing science gained through manufacturing experience with exposure to lean manufacturing concepts and application.
Technical Knowledge – Must have the ability to understand technical documents, drawings, equipment function, customer and industry quality standards.
Customer Service – Must be Customer focused, understanding and adding value to both internal and external Customer relationships.
Results Management – Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to deliver results that are consistent with organizational needs.
Communication – Capable of communicating effectively at all organizational levels using a variety of media. Listen effectively and draw information from others.
Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to identify root causes, evaluate alternative solutions and implement them quickly and effectively.
To apply please send your resume here. Please include your name and the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.