Now Hiring: Electrical & Automation Specialist
Founded in 1988 Unifiller has consistently grown to be the world’s preeminent innovator & manufacturer of Industrial Food Processing Equipment designed for Bakeries and Food manufacturers, specifically: a wide range of Portioning Depositors, Food Transfer Pumps, and Customized Production Systems.
This position is responsible to design, document, and service machine electrical and automation systems.
- Designs, builds, tests, supports, and installs electrical & automation systems on all Unifiller machines.
- Programs PLC control systems and HMI screens.
- Specifies and designs electrical control systems for food processing machines.
- Documents control systems and technical operating manuals.
- Provides customer support and troubleshooting on control related issues.
- Verifies control details with the Engineering Manager and Project Leaders.
- Trains Unifiller staff in control systems.
- Assists with systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Electrical/Electronics/Automation/Mechatronics Diploma or Degree or a similar background.
- Experienced with PLC control systems and HMI panel screens.
- Allen Bradley and Unitronics PLC an asset.
- Able to work independently and make improvement recommendations with minimum supervision.
- Experience with industrial networks (ex: DeviceNet/CANbus/Ethernet IP) is an asset.
- Be familiar with a broad range of control system components and their application.
- Experience with Stepper and Servo motion control systems.
- Experience in pneumatic control systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with MRP/ERP manufacturing systems.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Proficient with MS office.
- Good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
- Able to travel outside of Canada for installs, commissioning, and equipment servicing.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package.
To apply please send your resume here. Please include your name and the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.