Now Hiring: Project Leader (Mechanical Engineering)
Founded in 1988 Unifiller has consistently grown to be the world’s preeminent innovator & manufacturer of Industrial Food Processing Equipment designed for Bakeries and Food manufacturers, specifically: a wide range of Portioning Depositors, Food Transfer Pumps, and Customized Production Systems.
We are currently looking for an extraordinary Mechanical Project Leader to join our passionate Unifiller Team.
- Leads projects and designs custom automated solutions and equipment.
- Implements design improvements to standard machines and accessories by improving the functionality, reliability, manufacturability and processes.
- Prepares detailed designs of machines and sub-assemblies.
- Troubleshoots to address quality and assembly problems.
- Follows established documentation control procedures and policies.
- Designs and documents jigs and fixtures for fabrication, machining and assembly.
- Drives cost reduction initiatives on purchased and manufactured parts.
- Implements corrections and updates to existing drawings and Bills of Materials to reflect current methods and standards.
- Assists Document Controller and other Engineering staff with drawing revisions and changes.
- Leads customer projects from concept, through design to completion.
- Tests, quality controls and commission’s standard machines and customer projects to meet the requirements set out in the order confirmation.
- Creates detailed Bills of Materials, Routers and job orders for projects.
- Writes operational and spare parts manuals for standard machines and customer projects.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics or similar.
- Two years’ of mechanical design experience a must, preferably designing industrial equipment.
- Experience in the food industry and/or sanitary design an asset.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks a must
- Proficiency with Auto Cad, ERP (Enterprise Resource Management) and Document control software an asset.
- Knowledge of pneumatic control systems.
- Experience in the creation and interpretation of Engineering Drawings, as well as being familiar with ASME industry standards for Engineering Drawings.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methods an asset.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during busy periods.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package.
To apply please send your resume here. Please include your name and the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.